i Browser compatibility
This page lists browsers that have been tested for
compatibility with the Safe Crypt App1.
Incompatible browsers have either an incomplete implementation of data URLs
or they lack the Web Cryptography API.
The browsers tested are the latest versions available at the time of the testing,
January – April 2021.
- OK: Chrome, Opera, Edge, Brave, Firefox,
Slimjet, Yandex Browser, Tor Browser
- Not OK: Internet Explorer, Edge Legacy, BlueSky
- OK: Chrome, Opera, Edge4,
- Not OK: Konqueror, Midori
- OK: Chrome, Opera, Edge, Vivaldi, Brave
- Not OK: Firefox, DuckDuckGo, Tor Browser, Dolphin, InBrowser, UC Browser,
Samsung Internet Browser, Yandex Browser
- OK: Safari
- Not OK: Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Brave, DuckDuckGo,
Dolphin, Private Browsing, Ghostery, Yandex Browser, Onion Browser, OrNET,
TOR Browser PRO
- OK: Safari, Chrome, Opera, Edge, Firefox
- Not OK: (none tested)
- In many cases, but not in all, trying to use an incompatible browser causes an error message.
- Does not support preview of decrypted text files.
- Can have problems with files larger than ≈ 20 Mbytes.
- Dev Channel version
- Works, but can be remarkably slow in
the SAVE FILE phase with files larger than ≈ 10 Mbytes.